The new year is an excellent time for a fresh start. Let's not only think about our personal goals, such as hitting the gym or traveling. Make a resolution to take care of an important purchase that can be taken for granted - your car!
Your vehicle is a valuable and essential part of your day-to-day life. It keeps you going and allows you to get to work, school, home, and any of your leisure pursuits. Show your car, truck, or SUV the attention it deserves with a little extra love and care to keep it in good condition.
Here are our expert mechanics’ top five New Year's resolutions for your vehicle. Keeping your car in optimal working condition will provide you with a smooth and reliable ride in 2022!
Car Maintenance Resolutions for the New Year
- Check and Change Your Oil Regularly: Start this year by performing routine oil level checks and changing your oil when necessary. Oil is vital for the proper lubrication of your engine and its components. Get oil changes based on your manufacturer's recommended intervals and check oil levels every month.
- Take Care of Your Tires: Tires are crucial when it comes to the safety of your vehicle. They are the only direct contact your car has with the road. Check your tires for tread wear, correct tire pressure, alignment, and any damage. Checking your tires can help identify when your tires are low, worn, or ready to be replaced.
- Follow a Maintenance Schedule: Your vehicle needs to be up to date with routine service and maintenance to keep running properly all year. This includes fluid checks and changes, tire rotations, tune-ups, and other general inspections. Check and follow your owner's manual for a recommended maintenance schedule.
- Pay Attention to Warning Signs: Be on the lookout for any signs that your vehicle is experiencing issues. Warning signals such as the check engine, brake, or temperature lights could indicate a serious problem.
- Drive Safely: It is imperative that drivers on the road stay vigilant and focused. Always follow the traffic laws, wear your seatbelt and be cautious during hazardous driving conditions. Pledge to drive safer in 2022. You’ll be glad you did!
Make it your resolution for the year to come to create a vehicle maintenance schedule that works for you and that you can stick to throughout the year. This will help keep your car in tip-top shape all year. Take care of your vehicle and get a more dependable and safe driving experience